Adobe AIR 2.0 public beta
Adobe has just released the AIR 2.0 public beta you can download it from the Adobe Labs website.
Adobe AIR lets developers to bring Flash experience to users desktop. AIR is aveliable on Windows, Mac and Linux. Some of the new features:
- Support for the detection of mass storage devices.
- Advanced networking capabilities like secure sockets, UDP support, and the ability to listen on sockets.
- Support for native code integration.
- The ability to open a file with its default application.
- Multi-touch and gesture support.
- New APIs for access to raw microphone data.
- Webkit update with HTML5/CSS3 support.
- Global error handling.
- Improved cross-platform printing
- Improved security and support for enterprise and government standards.
You can learn more about the new release here.
I’m really looking forward to developing with AIR 2.
P.S Tell me what you think guys ;)
2 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Become an Author
We are looking for Authors, if you have a Flash (or related) knowledge and you want to share it with the community on our blog please contact us.